21 dic 2012

Munster calendar

- Once upon a time the Splash 4  asked me to design a record cover for the last copies of the Funbangers single. I decided to rip off the "Cheater Slicks don't like you" back cover from Art Chantry. Instead of using the DYMO tape tipography I used an old handprinting one, so I had a personal touch over an inspired design. 3 years later the Splash 4 had a 10"on Estrus Records designed by Art Chantry using my handprinting typography. Last month Munster asked me to design a calendar for the label, using Art Chantry logo. I draw lines coming out of the logo and imitated his writing for the days and months.
It's a "cadavre exquis" tecnnique for Munster propaganda. I don't think Art knows about the inspiration/intervention/rip-off, but you do.


- Voici le calendrier que j'ai fabriqué pour le label Munster. le logo est d'Art Chantry et la tête sur mon blouson noir de LL Cool Jo. Voilà du monde pour bien commencer l'année.
- Munster regala este fantastico calenderio que fabriqué a sus mejores clientes. Aproveché las hojas sobrantes para cambiar la caratula y regalar unas copias piratas, recicladas con viejas portadas del ¡Qué Suerte! Quién paso por el Picnic el martes pasado tuvo la oportunidad de agararlas.