19 ene 2012

Year of the knot



- For years, I send an engraving linocut to celebrate the new year. In the beginning it was to hypothetical clients and friends, then hypothetical friends and now just friends. Running the decades, little by little I stop receiving feedback in my mailbox. Nowadays, people seems to lick the screen of the computer much more than a stamp and my virtual mailbox is full of happy new year messages from unknowns, spam and long forgotten friends. This year is the "Year of the knot" and I wish you, my hypothetical unknown visitor, a happy disentangling.
- Cette année s'annonce plutôt emmêlée, alors je vous souhaite un bon dénouement a tous, sans cravate ni noeud dans l'estomac.
- Por tradición envío un grabado a mis amigos para celebrar el año nuevo. Con el paso del tiempo recibo cada vez menos respuestas. Paralelamente, en el espacio virtual, tengo millones de amigos desconocidos entre Mispacio, Librocara y otros trampolines telemáticos. Gente con quien crucé un emilio, compartí un link o que encontraron mi buzón de bits. Para quedar bien, contesto a toda esta correspondencia con la versión Gif del grabado. 2012 es el "Año del nudo". Espero que lo tengas atando el zapato mejor que la corbata y te deseo un feliz desenlace. Si me hubieras enviado una felicitación de papel te hubiera contestado con este linóleo. Tenias que haber chupado un sello.